Pairs Nicely With
Kill moss, not your lawn, with Scotts MossEX. Scotts MossEX provides nutrients to green your grass. One bag treats up to 5,000 sq. ft.
Strengthen & Green Your Lawn
Contains added nutrients to strengthen and green your lawn. For use on all lawns and grass types.
Kills Moss, Not Lawns
For best results, apply during winter or spring when moss is actively growing. Grass blades may turn black temporarily, however this condition will disappear after mowing. Please wait 2 to 4 weeks between applications.
- Product Specs
- Scotts® MossEx kills moss, not lawns and helps develop thick grass
- Best applied during winter or spring when the lawn is moist and tall grass has been mowed to expose low-growing moss
- This moss control product also contains nutrients to green your lawn
- Apply using a Scotts® broadcast, rotary, drop, or Wizz spreader
- Treats up to 5,000 sq. ft.
How to use
- Check bag for spreader setting.
- When using a Scotts® broadcast or Wizz® spreader, make a perimeter pass of your lawn with EdgeGuard® on to protect non-lawn areas. Then, make parallel internal passes 5 ft. apart to ensure even coverage.
- When using a Scotts® drop spreader, start 5 feet from the edge of your lawn and walk the outline of your lawn. Then, make internal passes across your lawn, overlapping the wheel marks to ensure uniform coverage.
Where to use
On lawns with undesirable moss
Where not to use
Help keep our water clean. Do not apply near water, storm drains, or drainage ditches. Do not apply if heavy rain is expected. Apply this product only to your lawn, and sweep any product that lands on the driveway, sidewalk, or street back onto your lawn. Brush particles from cement, stone, clothing, or shoes to prevent staining.
When to apply
Apply when lawn is moist and tall grass has been mowed to expose low-growing moss.
Apply during winter or spring when moss is actively growing.
How often to apply
Wait 2 to 4 weeks between applications.
Non Availability Regions
For normal moss infestations, apply with a Scotts® broadcast spreader set to 2-1/4, a drop spreader set to 4, or hand-held or WIZZ® spreader set to 3-1/4.
For heavy moss infestations, apply with a Scotts® broadcast spreader set to 2-3/4, a drop spreader set to 4-1/2, or hand-held or WIZZ® spreader set to 3-3/4.
Help keep our water resources clean. Apply this product only to your lawn, and sweep any product that lands in the driveway, sidewalk, or street back onto your lawn.
Scotts No-Quibble Guarantee®: If for any reason you, the consumer, are not satisfied after using this product, you are entitled to get your money back. Simply send us evidence of purchase and we will mail you a refund check promptly. For more details, click here.
5,000 sq. ft.
If empty, place bag in trash or offer for recycling if available.
If bag is partly filled, call your local solid waste agency for disposal instructions.
Never place unused product down any indoor or outdoor drain.
Kids & Pets
People and pets can re-enter the lawn once dry.
This is not the product label. Always read and follow the product label before use.
What to Expect
Grass blades may turn black temporarily, however this condition will disappear after mowing.
17.50% Ferrous sulfate monohydrate