Scotts® Turf Builder® Grass Seed Landscaper's Mix for Tall Fescue Lawns
Overview & Benefits
Scotts® Turf Builder® Grass Seed Landscaper's Mix for Tall Fescue Lawns is an all-purpose mix for sunny and shady areas. This 99.9% weed free seed resists heat, drought, insects, and disease. It is also designed to be greener, denser and more durable than Kentucky-31.
- Product Specs
- All-purpose mix for sunny and shady areas
- 99.9% weed free seed mix
- Coated to absorb 2x more water than uncoated seed
- Resists heat, drought, insects, and disease
- Greener, denser, and more durable than Kentucky-31
- Click Here for other helpful tips and tricks when planting grass seed.
How to use
Rake area to loosen the top layer of soil and remove dead grass. For best results, add a thin layer of Scotts® Turf Builder® LawnSoil™ before applying seed.
Apply using a Scotts® spreader. Lightly rake the seed into the soil.
Watering is a critical step to seeding success. Water daily or as needed to keep the soil surface moist until the seedlings reach at least 2 inches tall.
Seed will begin to grow in 7-14 days. You can mow the seedlings when they reach 3 inches in height. For best results, apply Scotts® Turf Builder® Starter® Food for New Grass. Do not apply a weed control product until after at least four mowings.
When to apply
Fall and spring are the best times to plant grass seed because seed germinates best when temperatures are between 60°F and 80°F.
Scotts® Broadcast / Rotary Spreader
- (Turf Builder® Edgeguard Mini, Basic, Standard, Deluxe Edgeguard, Edgeguard DLX, Lawn Pro & Speedy Green) - Set to 9 for reseeding and set to 14 for new lawn/bare spot repair
Scotts® Drop Spreaders
- (AccuGreen, Classic Drop) - Set to 11 ½ for Reseeding for reseeding and for new lawn/bare spot repair, set to 12½ and go over lawn twice
Scotts® Hand-Held Spreaders
- Set to 5 for reseeding and for new lawn/bare spot repair, set to 4 and go over lawn three times.
Other Spreaders | Lookup spreader settings
Scotts No-Quibble Money Back Guarantee®
If for any reason you, the consumer, are not satisfied after using this product, you are entitled to get your money back. Simply send us evidence of purchase and we will mail you a refund check promptly. To contact us, visit our Help Center.
7lb: up to 1,750 sq. ft. for reseeding and 770 sq. ft for new lawn coverage
20lb: up to 5,000 sq. ft. for reseeding and 2,200 sq. ft. for new lawn coverage
40lb: up to 10,000 sq. ft. for reseeding and 4,400 sq. ft. for new lawn coverage
Avg. Days to Germinate
7 - 30
This is not the product label. Always read and follow the product label before use.