Scotts® Turf Builder® Grass Seed Contractor's Mix (North)
Overview & Benefits
Scotts® Turf Builder® Grass Seed Contractor's Mix is an all-purpose mix for sunny and shady areas. This 99.9% weed free seed has been blended specifically for the Northern region. Just prep the ground, apply the seed and water and in no time at all you'll have a beautiful yard, thanks to Scotts® Turf Builder® Grass Seed Contractor's Mix.
- Product Specs
- All-purpose mix for sunny and shady areas
- Coated to absorb 2x more water than uncoated seed
- Blended specifically for the Northern region
- 99.9% weed free
- Grass will begin to grow in 5-10 days
- Click here for other helpful tips and tricks when planting grass seed.
How to use
Rake area to loosen the top layer of soil and remove dead grass. For best results, add a thin layer of Scotts® Turf Builder® LawnSoil™ before applying seed.
Apply using a Scotts® spreader. Lightly rake the seed into the soil. For best results, apply Scotts® Turf Builder® Starter Food for New Grass when seeding to help new grass grow in quicker and thicker.
Watering is a critical step to seeding success. Water daily or as needed to keep the soil surface moist until the seedlings reach at least 2 inches tall.
Seed will begin to grow in 5-10 days. You can mow the seedlings when they reach 3 inches in height. For best results, apply Scotts® Turf Builder® Starter® Food for New Grass when seeding. Do not apply a weed control product until after at least four mowings.
When to apply
Fall and spring are the best times to plant grass seed because seed germinates best when temperatures are between 60°F and 80°F.
Scotts® Broadcast / Rotary Spreader
- (Turf Builder® Edgeguard Mini, Basic, Standard, Deluxe Edgeguard, Edgeguard DLX, Lawn Pro & Speedy Green) - Set to 5½ for overseeding and 12 ½ for New Lawn.
Scotts® Drop Spreaders
- (AccuGreen, Classic Drop) - Set to 8 ½ for overseeding and 13 ½ for New Lawn and go over lawn twice.
Scotts® Hand-Held Spreaders
- Set to 5 for overseeding and for new lawn, set to 5 and go over lawn three times.
- Set to 5 for overseeding and for new lawn, set to 6 and go over lawn twice.
Other Spreaders | Lookup spreader settings
20lb: Up to 8,000 sq. ft.
*for reseeding and 4,000 sq. ft. for new lawn/bare spot repair