Scotts® Classic® Grass Seed Sun & Shade Mix®
Overview & Benefits
Looking for a reliable, all-purpose grass seed? Scotts® Classic® Grass Seed Sun & Shade Mix is Scotts® most versatile mix. It stays green even in extreme conditions of dense shade or scorching sun, plus it's great for repairing bare spots, reseeding existing lawns or seeding new lawns.
- Product Specs
- Great for repairing bare spots, reseeding or new lawns.
- Grows well in both sunny and shady areas.
- 99.9% Weed Free.
- Scotts® most versatile seed mix
- Stays green even under extreme conditions like dense shade or scorching sun
How to use
Bare Soil: Loosen top layer of soil.
Dead Grass/Thin Area: Rake area and remove dead grass.
For best results, add a thin layer of Scotts® Turf Builder® LawnSoil™ before applying seed.
Small Area: Spread by hand or with a Scotts® handheld spreader.
Large Area: Apply using a specially designed Scotts® spreader.
After seeding, apply Scotts® Turf Builder® Starter® Food for New Grass to boost your seed's performance for a thicker lawn that comes in quicker. Lightly rake to move the seed and fertilizer into the soil.
Keep the soil surface moist until the seedlings reach 2 inches tall.
Seed will begin to grow in 5 - 10 days. You can mow the seedlings when they reach 3 inches in height. Do not apply a weed control product until after at least four mowing.
When to apply
Fall and spring are the best times to plant grass seed, because seed germinates best when temperatures are between 60°F and 80°F.
Scotts® Broadcast / Rotary Spreader
- (Turf Builder® Edgeguard Mini, Basic, Standard, Deluxe Edgeguard, Edgeguard DLX, Lawn Pro & Speedy Green) - Set to 9 for Reseeding. Set to 13 for New Lawn/Bare Spots.
Scotts® Drop Spreaders
- (AccuGreen, Classic Drop) - Set to 8 for Reseeding and Go Over Twice. Set to 12 for New Lawn/Bare Spots
Scotts® Hand-Held Spreaders
- Set to 5 for Reseeding. Set to 5* for New Lawn/Bare Spots.
*Go over lawn twice
Other Spreaders | Lookup spreader settings
3 lb: up to 2,400 sq. ft. reseeding, up to 1,200 sq. ft. new lawn.
7 lb: up to 5,600 sq. ft. reseeding, up to 2,800 sq. ft. new lawn.
20 lb: up to 16,000 sq. ft. reseeding, up to 8,000 sq. ft. new lawn.
Avg. Days to Germinate
5 - 10
This is not the product label. Always read and follow the product label before use.