Scotts® Turf Builder® LawnSoilTM
Overview & Benefits
- Grows grass up to 50% thicker* than native soil—guaranteed
- Contains Scotts® Starter® Brand Fertilizer and Water Smart™ to provide essential nutrients for early grass development and a strong root system
- Great for all seeding, sod and plug projects
- Contains a blend of rich, composted materials to create an excellent seed-growing environment
- For optimal results, use with Scotts® Turf Builder® Grass Seed
- Disclaimer: *Tests prove Scotts® Turf Builder® LawnSoil™ grows grass up to 50% thicker compared to native topsoil.
How to Use Scotts® Turf Builder® LawnSoil® When Planting Grass Seed
The mixture of ingredients improves moisture retention which will provide better germination than native soil. At the same time, the added fertilizer helps grass seedlings grow faster and stronger, leading to a thicker, greener lawn.
1CF and 1.5CF
How to Use
Prepare seeding or sodding area by removing dead grass and weeds and loosen top 0.25 inch of soil with rake.
Place 1 inch of Scotts® Turfbuilder® Lawn Soil evenly over area.
Spread grass seed and lightly rake into soil or lay sod over newly applied Scotts® Turfbuilder® Lawn Soil.
When to Apply
Use when seeding, filling, or leveling lawn.
How Often to Apply
Apply to lawn area prior to seeding or sodding
Where to Use
For use in lawn
Where Not to Use
Not for use in gardens or pots for container gardening
At a depth of 2 inches 4 bags will cover 24 sq. ft.
Great for sod and grass plugs.
Keep out of reach of children. Do not ingest. Do not feed to animals. Do not apply near open water. Wash hands after use. We recommend wearing gardening gloves when using this product.
.08 - .03 - .02