Scotts® Turf Builder® Triple Action
Overview & Benefits
Scotts® Turf Builder® Triple Action provides three benefits in one bag; it kills weeds like dandelion and clover, prevents future weeds, including crabgrass and other grassy weeds, all while feeding and strengthening your lawn. Scotts® Turf Builder® Triple Action is for use on the following grass types: Bermudagrass, Bahiagrass, Centipedegrass, Kentucky Bluegrass, Perennial Ryegrass, Tall Fescue and Fine Fescue, and Zoyiagrass
- Product Specs
20lb Bag Covers 4,000 Sq. Ft.
50lb Bag Covers 10,000 Sq. Ft.
Where to use
Use on Bahiagrass, Bermudagrass, Centipedegrass, Fine Fescue, Kentucky Bluegrass, Perennial Ryegrass, Tall Fescue, and Zoyiagrass.
Under certain conditions, temporary discoloration may occur on Bermudagrass, Bahiagrass, Centipedegrass and Zoysiagrass lawns.
How to use
1) Check the Weather: If rain is in the forecast in the next 24 hours, apply another day. Rain can wash the particles off weed leaves before it has a chance to work properly.
2) Fill and Set Spreader: See below
- Scotts® Broadcast Spreader: 4 1/2
- Scotts® Drop Spreader: 7 3/4
- Scotts® Wizz® : 5
3) Apply to Wet Lawn: Make sure that the grass is wet from dew or sprinkling before applying (this helps the particles to adhere to weed leaves to produce best results). After 24 hours , water the lawn to wash the particles onto the soil to prevent the germination of crabgrass.
4) Clean Up: Sweep product from hard surfaces onto the lawn to keep valuable feeding nutrients on the grass and out of storm drains.
Where not to use
- Do not apply during winter dormancy period.
- Do not apply to newly seeded or sodded areas until after the 4th mowing.
- Do not seed, sod, rake or aerate for 4 months after application.
- Wait 5 months before applying the product on newly sprigged areas.
- Do not use on St.Augustinegrass, Floratam, Dichondra, Lippia, Carpetgrass, or Bentgrass lawns.
When to apply
Apply in spring when daytime temperatures are consistently between 60F and 80F and before the 3rd or 4th mowing. Do not apply to newly seeded or sodded areas until after the 4th mowing. Apply product when dandelions are actively growing.
A fall application may be made to control fall-germinating winter weeds and cool season perennial weeds such as dandelion and clover.
How often to apply
Do not apply this product more than twice per year. Allow at least a 4-month interval between applications of this product.
Non Availability Regions
- Kills, prevents and feeds
- Kills dandelion and clover
- Prevents crabgrass for 4 months
- Feeds to build thick green lawns
- For use on Kentucky Bluegrass, Perennial Ryegrass, Tall Fescue and Fine Fescue
Scotts® Broadcast Spreader: 4 1/2
Scotts® Drop Spreader: 7 3/4
Scotts® Wizz® : 5
Other Spreaders | Lookup spreader settings
Weeds Prevented/Prevents the following lawn weeds:
Grasses: Crabgrass (spring), Barnyardgrass (spring/summer), Fall panicum (spring/summer), Foxtail (spring/summer), Annual bluegrass (fall)
Broadleaf weeds: Corn speedwell (spring/fall), Prostrate spurge (summer), Knotweed (early spring), Purslane (summer), Chickweed (spring/fall), Henbit (fall), Oxalis (spring/summer)
Weeds Controlled/Controls the following lawn weeds:
Aster, Bindweed, Bittercress, Black medic, Buckhorn, Bull thistle, Burclover, Buttonweed, Canada thistle, Carpetweed, Catsear (Coast dandelion), Chickweed, Chicory, Cinquefoil, Clover (Hop), Clover (Red), Clover (White), Cudweed, Curly dock, Dandelion, Dichondra, Dollarweed, English daisy, Eveningprimose, Filaree, Fleabane, Ground ivy, Hawkweed, Healall, Henbit, Horseweed, Knotweed (Seedling), Lambsquarters, Lespedeza (Seedling), Lippia (Matchweed), Mallow, Moneywort, Morningglory, Mustard, Pennywort, Pepperweed, Pigweed, Plantain, Purslane, Pusley, Ragweed, Red Sorrel (Sheep sorrel), Scarlet Pimpernel, Shepherd’s-purse, Smartweed, Sow thistle, Spotted spurge, Spurweed, Stitchwort, Vetch, Wild carrot, Yarrow, Yellow Rocket
To protect the environment, do not allow product to enter or run off into storm drains, gutters, sewers or drainage ditches.
Scotts® No-Quibble Guarantee: If for any reason you, the consumer, are not satisfied after using this product, you are entitled to get your money back. Simply send us evidence of purchase and we will mail you a refund check promptly.
Do not apply this product in a way that will contact any person either directly or through drift. Keep people and pets out of area during application. Sweep any product that lands on a driveway, sidewalk, or street back into the treated area. Do not apply directly to or new water, storm drains, gutters, sewers, or drainage ditches.
Kids & Pets
Keep people and pets out of the area during application. Do not allow people or pets to enter the treated areas until dusts have settled.
Do not apply to newly seeded or sodded areas until after the 4th mowing.
Apply to moist lawn, and then water lawn 24 hours after initial application.
Apply to moist lawn. Then 24 hours after initial application, water in product to control weeds.
What to Expect
After application expect control and/or prevention of listed weeds all season long.
0.810% Pendimethalin, 0.690% 2,4-D, 0.345% MCPP-p