Scotts® Turf Builder® Triple Action Built For Seeding
Overview & Benefits
Scotts® Turf Builder® Triple Action Built For Seeding is formulated to help grow new grass and control against weeds while feeding and strengthening grass. Now you don't have to choose how to best care for your lawn—you can maximize growth with one application.
Jumpstart grass seed development so it establishes quicker and thicker, whether you are starting a fresh new lawn or reseeding an existing lawn. Protect your lawn against annoying and bothersome crabgrass, dandelions, and other pesky weeds for up to 6 weeks without harming your new grass. It also feeds and strengthens your new grass to protect it against heat and drought.
For best results to grow grass fast apply with Scotts® spreader to dry lawn, then water to activate. Works with most grasses including Kentucky bluegrass, tall fescue, perennial ryegrass, and centipedegrass. One 17.2-lb. bag covers up to 4,000 sq. ft. New weeds will sprout white or turn white and quickly die. This product will not kill existing weeds.
You May Also Like
Feeds and Strengthens
Built for Kentucky Bluegrass, Tall Fescue, Perennial Ryegrass, Centipedegrass, and Fine Fescue. See product label for instructions.
Defend against crabgrass, dandelion, and other pesky weeds for up to 6 weeks without harming new grass. Does not kill existing weeds.
Keep Seeds & Soil Moist
Watering your newly seeded area is key to successful seeding. Be sure to water daily, or as needed, to keep the seeds and soil moist until seedlings reach at least 2 inches tall.
- Product Specs
- Scotts® Turf Builder® Triple Action Built For Seeding is specially designed to be used when planting new grass; it jump starts grass development so grass grows quicker and thicker; plus, it prevents bothersome weeds
- This new grass fertilizer jump starts grass development so grass grows quicker and thicker; use anytime whether you are starting a new lawn or reseeding an existing one; for the ultimate Scotts® lawn, use with Scotts® Turf Builder® Grass Seed
- Contains the perfect combination of nutrients to help your new lawn grow strong roots and to grow in thicker and faster than if not fed at all; it prevents bothersome weeds like dandelions and crabgrass for up to 6 weeks without harming your new grass
- Built for Kentucky Bluegrass, Tall Fescue, Perennial Ryegrass, Centipedegrass and Fine Fescue
- One 17.2-lb. bag covers 4,000 sq. ft.; for best results apply using a Scotts® spreader then lightly water in to activate
How to use
- To apply Scotts® Turf Builder® Triple Action Built For Seeding you will need a Scotts® broadcast/rotary, drop, or Wizz® spreader.
- Fill the hopper on the spreader and set the setting as indicated on the package. Applications should be made to a dry lawn.
- If using a broadcast/rotary or Wizz® spreader walk at a steady pace and line up each pass 5' from the previous wheel track.
- If using a drop spreader, while walking at a steady pace align the arrow on the spreader with the previous wheel track.
- When you have completed the application, lightly water the area to activate Scotts® Turf Builder® Triple Action Built For Seeding.
Where to use
Safe for Kentucky Bluegrass, Tall Fescue, Perennial Ryegrass, Centipedegrass, and Fine Fescue (Creeping Red, Chewings, Hard).
Where not to use
Do not use on flowers, shrubs, trees, fruits, and vegetables. It should also not be used on St. Augustinegrass, bentgrass, bermudagrass, zoysiagrass, dichondra, kikuyugrass, bahaiagrass, and lippia.
When to apply
- Apply Scotts® Turf Builder® Triple Action Built For Seeding whenever you are planting new grass.
- It's important to note that Scotts® Turf Builder® Triple Action Built For Seeding does not contain seed.
- Apply before watering newly planted grass for the first time.
- Applications should be made to a dry lawn when the temperature is between 60°F and 90°F.
How often to apply
- Use when starting a new lawn or reseeding an existing one. If applying to newly planted grass, apply before watering for the first time.
- In the state of Maryland, this fertilizer can only be used as a starter fertilizer for establishing, patching or renovating lawns.
Non Availability Regions
- Scotts® Hand-held Spreader - Setting 4-3/4
- Scotts® Drop Spreader - Setting 7
- Scotts® Wizz Spreader - Setting 4-3/4
- Scotts® Broadcast/Rotary Spreader - Setting 4-1/2
- Scotts® Elite Spreader - Setting 4-1/2
Other Spreaders | Lookup spreader settings
Large crabgrass*, Smooth crabgrass*, Broadleaf plantain, Buckhorn plantain, Carpetweed, Common chickweed*, Common lambsquarters, Common purslane*, Corn speedwell*, Dandelion*, Ground ivy, Hairy bittercress, Henbit*, Parsley piert*, Pennsylvania smartweed, Persian speedwell*, Pokeweed, Purslane speedwell*, Redroot pigweed*, Shepherd's-purse*, Velvetleaf, White clover*, Yellow woodsorrel*, Flatsedge, Yellow Nutsedge*.
Weeds with an * have six weeks of prevention data.
Do not allow this product to enter or runoff into storm drains, drainage ditches, gutters, or surface water. To help avoid that, apply when the weather is calm and rain is not predicted for 24 hours. If any product lands on a driveway, sidewalk, or street, sweep it back onto the treated area of the lawn.
Scotts No-Quibble Money Back Guarantee®
If for any reason you, the consumer, are not satisfied after using this product, you are entitled to get your money back. Simply send us evidence of purchase and we will mail you a refund check promptly. To contact us, visit our Help Center.
4.3 lb bag covers 1,000 sq. ft.
17.3 lb bag covers 4,000 sq. ft.
Avoid contact with the eyes, skin, or clothing. Wash thoroughly with soap and water after handling and before eating, drinking, chewing gum, using tobacco, or using the toilet.
- This product comes in a non-refillable container. Do not reuse or refill the container.
- If the container is empty: Place in the trash or offer for recycling where available.
- If the container is partially filled: Call your local solid waste agency for disposal information. Never place any unused product down any indoor or outdoor drain.
Kids & Pets
People and pets may re-enter the treated area after it has been watered in and the area has dried.
This is not the product label. Always read and follow the product label before use.
Using with Other Products
For the ultimate Scotts® lawn use with Scotts® Turf Builder® Grass Seed and Scotts® Turf Builder® Lawn Soil.
After applying, water the treated area to activate it.
What to Expect
- After treating an area, new weeds will sprout white or turn white after sprouting and quickly die. This product does not kill existing weeds.
- You may see a temporary whiteness occur to the existing grass 5 to 7 days after application. This may last up to 14 days.
- Scotts® Turf Builder® Triple Action Built For Seeding does not contain seed.