Scotts® Turf Builder® Triple Action
Overview & Benefits
Scotts® Turf Builder® Triple Action provides three benefits in one bag. This 3-in-1 formula kills and prevents weeds, all while feeding and strengthening your lawn. It kills broadleaf weeds, including dandelions and clover, and prevents crabgrass for up to 4 months. It also prevents other listed grassy weeds, including barnyardgrass, fall panicum, foxtail, and annual bluegrass. Scotts® Turf Builder® Triple Action can be applied to Kentucky Bluegrass, Perennial Ryegrass, Tall Fescue, Fine Fescue, Bermudagrass, Bahiagrass, Centipedegrass, and Zoysiagrass.
Apply with a Scotts® spreader when dandelions are actively growing. Make sure the grass is wet from dew or watering before applying to help the particles adhere to weed leaves. After 24 hours, water the lawn to wash particles into the soil to prevent germination of crabgrass and other listed grassy weeds. Do not allow people and pets to re-enter the treated area until dusts have settled. A 20 lb. bag treats 4,000 sq. ft.
Pairs Nicely With
Controls existing lawn weeds like dandelion, clover, dollarweed, ground ivy, chickweed, henbit, plantain, english daisy, and other pesky weeds.
Controls crabgrass for up to 4 months, if applied before crabgrass begins growing. Will not kill existing crabgrass. Also prevents future weeds from invading your lawn.
For use on Bahiagrass, Bermudagrass, Centipedegrass, Kentucky Bluegrass, Perennial Ryegrass, Tall Fescue and Fine Fescue, and Zoysiagrass.
- Product Specs
- Triple Action kills, prevents and feeds
- Kills the weeds you see and the ones you don't, including dandelions, chickweed, clover and most other common broadleaf weeds as listed
- Prevents crabgrass for 4 months and feeds to build thick green lawns
- Also prevents barnyardgrass, fall panicum, foxtail, annual bluegrass, broadleaf weeds, corn speedwell, prostrate spurge, knotweed, purslane, chickweed, henbit and oxalis
- For use on Bermudagrass, Bahiagrass, Centipedegrass, Kentucky Bluegrass, Perennial Ryegrass, Tall Fescue and Fine Fescue, and Zoyiagrass
How to use
1) Check the Weather: If rain is in the forecast in the next 24 hours, apply another day. Rain can wash the particles off of weed leaves before it has a chance to work properly.
2) Fill and Set Spreader per label directions.
3) Apply to Wet Lawn: Make sure that the grass is wet from dew or sprinkling before applying (this helps the particles to adhere to weed leaves to produce best results). After 24 hours , water the lawn to wash the particles onto the soil to prevent the germination of crabgrass.
4) Clean-Up: Sweep product from hard surfaces onto the lawn to keep valuable feeding nutrients on the grass and out of storm drains.
Where to use
Use on Kentucky Bluegrass, Perennial Ryegrass, Tall Fescue, Fine Fescue
Where not to use
Do not apply during winter dormancy period. Do not apply to newly seeded or sodded areas until after the 4th mowing. Do not apply to Bentgrass lawns. Do not apply more than twice per year.
When to apply
Apply when daytime temperatures are consistently between 60 and 80 degrees. Apply product in spring when dandelions begin to flower.
How often to apply
Do not apply this product more than twice a year. Allow at least a 4-month interval between applications of this product. A fall application may be made to control fall-germinating winter weeds and cool season perennial weeds such as dandelion and clover. Apply only twice per year.
Non Availability Regions
Scotts Broadcast Spreader: 4.5.
Scotts Drop Spreader: 7.75.
Other Spreaders | Lookup spreader settings
Weeds Controlled: Dandelion, Clover, Crabgrass, Foxtail, Dollarweed, Ground Ivy, Chickweed, Plantain, Henbit, English Daisy
To protect the environment, do not allow product to enter or run off into storm drains, gutters, sewers or drainage ditches.
Scotts® No-Quibble Guarantee: If for any reason you, the consumer, are not satisfied after using this product, you are entitled to get your money back. Simply send us evidence of purchase and we will mail you a refund check promptly.
4,000 sq. ft. / 10,000 sq. ft.
Do not apply this product in a way that will contact any person either directly or through drift. Keep people and pets out of area during application. Sweep any product that lands on a driveway, sidewalk, or street, back into the treated area. Do not apply directly to or new water, storm drains, gutters, sewers, or drainage ditches.
Kids & Pets
Keep people and pets out of the area during application. Do not allow people or pets to enter the treated area until dusts have settled.
Do not apply to newly seeded or sodded areas after the 4th mowing.
This is not the product label. Always read and follow the product label before use.
Do not apply to newly seeded or sodded areas until after the 4th mowing. Do not seed, sod, rake, or aerate for 4 months after application. Wait 5 months before applying the product on newly sprigged areas.
Water lawn 24 hours after application. Do not apply if rain is expected within 24 hours after application.
What to Expect
After application expect control and/or prevention of listed weeds all season long.
0.810% Pendimethalin, 0.690% 2,4-D, 0.345% MCPP-p