Scotts® Turf Builder® Triple Action
Overview & Benefits
Scotts® Turf Builder® Triple Action provides three benefits in one bag. This 3-in-1 formula kills and prevents weeds, all while feeding and strengthening your lawn. It kills broadleaf weeds, including dandelions and clover, and prevents crabgrass for up to 4 months. It also prevents other listed grassy weeds, including barnyardgrass, fall panicum, foxtail, and annual bluegrass. Scotts® Turf Builder® Triple Action can be applied to Kentucky Bluegrass, Perennial Ryegrass, Tall Fescue, Fine Fescue, Bermudagrass, Bahiagrass, Centipedegrass, and Zoysiagrass.
Apply with a Scotts® spreader when dandelions are actively growing. Make sure the grass is wet from dew or watering before applying to help the particles adhere to weed leaves. After 24 hours, water the lawn to wash particles into the soil to prevent germination of crabgrass and other listed grassy weeds. Do not allow people and pets to re-enter the treated area until dusts have settled. A 50 lb. bag treats 10,000 sq. ft.
Pairs Nicely With
- Product Specs
- Scotts® Turf Builder® Triple Action is a three-in-one formula that kills weeds, prevents crabgrass, and feeds grass to build thick, green lawns
- Controls existing listed lawn weeds, including dandelion, clover, dollarweed, ground ivy, chickweed, plantain, henbit, and english daisy
- Prevents crabgrass for 4 months (will not kill existing crabgrass); prevents other listed grassy weeds from invading your lawn
- For use on Bahiagrass, Centipedegrass, Kentucky Bluegrass, Perennial Ryegrass, Bermudagrass, Tall Fescue, Fine Fescue, and Zosyiagrass
- Apply to a wet lawn with a Scotts® spreader, and then water in after 24 hours; apply in early spring when dandelions are actively growing; a 50 lb. bag treats 10,000 sq. ft.
How to use
1) Check the Weather: If rain is in the forecast in the next 24 hours, apply another day. Rain can wash the particles off weed leaves before it has a chance to work properly.
2) Fill and Set Spreader: See below
- Scotts® Broadcast Spreader: 4 1/2
- Scotts® Drop Spreader: 7 3/4
- Scotts® Wizz® : 5
3) Apply to Wet Lawn: Make sure that the grass is wet from dew or sprinkling before applying (this helps the particles to adhere to weed leaves to produce best results). After 24 hours , water the lawn to wash the particles onto the soil to prevent the germination of crabgrass.
4) Clean Up: Sweep product from hard surfaces onto the lawn to keep valuable feeding nutrients on the grass and out of storm drains.
Where to use
Use on Bahiagrass, Bermudagrass, Centipedegrass, Fine Fescue, Kentucky Bluegrass, Perennial Ryegrass, and Tall Fescue.
Under certain conditions, temporary discoloration may occur on Bermudagrass, Bahiagrass, and Centipedegrass lawns.
Where not to use
- Do not apply during winter dormancy period.
- Do not apply to newly seeded or sodded areas until after the 4th mowing.
- Do not seed, sod, rake or aerate for 4 months after application.
- Wait 5 months before applying the product on newly sprigged areas.
- Do not use on St.Augustinegrass, Floratam, Dichondra, Lippia, Carpetgrass, or Bentgrass lawns.
When to apply
Apply in spring when daytime temperatures are consistently between 60F and 80F and before the 3rd or 4th mowing. Do not apply to newly seeded or sodded areas until after the 4th mowing. Apply product when dandelions are actively growing.
A fall application may be made to control fall-germinating winter weeds and cool season perennial weeds such as dandelion and clover.
How often to apply
Do not apply this product more than twice a year. Allow at least a 4-month interval between applications of this product. A fall application may be made to control fall-germinating winter weeds and cool season perennial weeds such as dandelion and clover. Apply only twice per year.
Non Availability Regions
Scotts® Broadcast Spreader: 4 1/2
Scotts® Drop Spreader: 7 3/4
Scotts® Wizz® : 5
Other Spreaders | Lookup spreader settings
Weeds Prevented/Prevents the following lawn weeds:
Grasses: Crabgrass (spring), Barnyardgrass (spring/summer), Fall panicum (spring/summer), Foxtail (spring/summer), Annual bluegrass (fall)
Broadleaf weeds: Corn speedwell (spring/fall), Prostrate spurge (summer), Knotweed (early spring), Purslane (summer), Chickweed (spring/fall), Henbit (fall), Oxalis (spring/summer)
Weeds Controlled/Controls the following lawn weeds:
Aster, Bindweed, Bittercress, Black medic, Buckhorn, Bull thistle, Burclover, Buttonweed, Canada thistle, Carpetweed, Catsear (Coast dandelion), Chickweed, Chicory, Cinquefoil, Clover (Hop), Clover (Red), Clover (White), Cudweed, Curly dock, Dandelion, Dichondra, Dollarweed, English daisy, Eveningprimose, Filaree, Fleabane, Ground ivy, Hawkweed, Healall, Henbit, Horseweed, Knotweed (Seedling), Lambsquarters, Lespedeza (Seedling), Lippia (Matchweed), Mallow, Moneywort, Morningglory, Mustard, Pennywort, Pepperweed, Pigweed, Plantain, Purslane, Pusley, Ragweed, Red Sorrel (Sheep sorrel), Scarlet Pimpernel, Shepherd’s-purse, Smartweed, Sow thistle, Spotted spurge, Spurweed, Stitchwort, Vetch, Wild carrot, Yarrow, Yellow Rocket
To protect the environment, do not allow product to enter or run off into storm drains, gutters, sewers or drainage ditches.
Scotts® No-Quibble Guarantee: If for any reason you, the consumer, are not satisfied after using this product, you are entitled to get your money back. Simply send us evidence of purchase and we will mail you a refund check promptly.
20lb Bag Covers 4,000 Sq. Ft.
50lb Bag Covers 10,000 Sq. Ft.
Do not apply this product in a way that will contact any person either directly or through drift. Keep people and pets out of area during application. Sweep any product that lands on a driveway, sidewalk, or street back into the treated area. Do not apply directly to or new water, storm drains, gutters, sewers, or drainage ditches.
Kids & Pets
Keep people and pets out of the area during application. Do not allow people or pets to enter the treated areas until dusts have settled.
Do not apply to newly seeded or sodded areas until after the 4th mowing.
This is not the product label. Always read and follow the product label before use.
Apply to moist lawn, and then water lawn 24 hours after initial application.
Apply to moist lawn. Then 24 hours after initial application, water in product to control weeds.
What to Expect
After application expect control and/or prevention of listed weeds all season long.
0.810% Pendimethalin, 0.690% 2,4-D, 0.345% MCPP-p