Scotts® Turf Builder® Starter® Food For New Grass
Overview & Benefits
With Scotts® Turf Builder® Starter® Food for New Grass, your seedlings will benefit from a combination of nutrients that will satisfy their special needs. The Starter® Food gives new grass a quick start by promoting faster root and blade development, and the 24-25-4 fertilizer ratio providing nutrients for your developing lawn. New grass grows 70% thicker AND 35% quicker versus unfed grass, which will have you on your way to the lawn you’ve always wanted. Faster.
- Product Specs
1,000 sq. ft., 5,000 sq. ft. and 14,000 sq. ft.
Where to use
Apply to newly seeded areas or over entire lawn for root development boost
How to use
Lawn products work in harmony with the environment when used correctly. Do not apply near water or storm drains or draining ditches. Do not apply if heavy rain is expected.
Apply with a drop or rotary spreader. For best results, use a Scotts® spreader.
- SET - Set spreader to appropriate setting for best results. Spreader settings can be found on back of bag or on Scotts.com
- Follow the color coded map to ensure your lawn receives the right amount of fertilizer. Apply as directed.
- APPLY - Fill spreader and apply over newly seeded area or over entire lawn for root development boost
- CLEAN UP - To keep lawn products from reaching storm sewers, sweep or blow stray particles back onto lawn. Return unused portion of fertilizer to original container. Run any remaining product out of spreader over lawn.
- WATER - This product does not require watering in. However, watering is the critical step to seeding success. Keep soil consistently moist until seedlings reach 2 inches high.
Where not to use
Do not apply near water or storm drains or draining ditches. Do not apply if heavy rain is expected.
When to apply
Use when planting seed, sod, sprigs or plugs.
Non Availability Regions
While there are no restrictions on reentering the lawn with this product, we recommend watering the product in and waiting until it is dried before going back on the lawn.
If empty do not reuse container. Place in trash or offer for recycling if available. If partly filled, call your local solid waste agency for disposal instructions. Never place unused product down any indoor or outdoor drain.
- Grows new grass 70% thicker, 35% quicker versus unfed grass
- Gets new grass off to a quick start by promoting faster root and blade development
- 24-25-4 fertilizer ratio provides the nutrients for developing lawns
- Improves seeding results! Also great for sod and grass plugs.
- For use on all grass types
This is not the product label. Always read and follow the product label before use.
Scotts® Broadcast / Rotary Spreader
- (Turf Builder® Edgeguard Mini, Basic, Standard, Deluxe Edgeguard, Edgeguard DLX, Lawn Pro & Speedy Green) - Set to 3 ¼
Scotts® Drop Spreaders
- (AccuGreen, Classic Drop) - Set to 6
- Set to 26
- Set to 3.75