Scotts® Turf Builder® Thick'R LawnTM Sun & Shade
Overview & Benefits
Scotts® Turf Builder® THICK'R Lawn™ Sun and Shade has everything you need to help turn weak, thin grass into a thick, green lawn. With this 3-in-1 solution get up to a 50% thicker lawn with just one application (subject to proper care), guaranteed! THICK'R Lawn contains soil improver for enhanced root development, seed to fill gaps with new grass, and fertilizer to feed new grass and thicken and green existing turf. This product is intended for use on an entire lawn and can be applied easily with a Scotts® spreader. Results may vary based on current condition of lawn.
- Product Specs
- 3-in-1 solution for thin lawns, including seed, fertilizer and soil improver
- Get up to a 50% thicker lawn with just one application (Subject to proper care. Results may vary based on current condition of lawn.)
- Seed to fill gaps in your current lawn
- Fertilizer for thicker, greener turf
- Soil improver for enhanced root development
- Get up to a 50% thicker lawn with just one easy application with a spreader (subject to proper care; results may vary based on current condition of lawn)
How to use
- Prep - Mow the area to a height of approximately 2 inches or lowest mowing setting. Rake or de-thatch to loosen the top layer of soil and remove any dead grass or debris.
- Apply - Use a Scotts® spreader to apply.
- Water - Water daily or as needed to keep soil surface moist for the first 2 weeks. Resume mowing when lawn reaches desired mowing height.
Where to use
This product is designed specifically to repair thin lawns and is intended for application to the entire lawn
Where not to use
Apply only to actively growing turf. Do not apply near water, storm drains, or drainage ditches. Do not apply if heavy rain is expected. Apply this product only to your lawn and sweep any product that lands on the driveway, sidewalk or street, back onto your lawn.
When to apply
Fall and Spring are the best times to use Thick'R LawnTM. Seed germinates best anytime temperatures are between 60°F and 80°F and all danger of frost has passed.
How often to apply
Scotts® Turf Builder® Thick'R LawnTM is a great addition to your lawn care program with 1 application in the spring and 1 application in the late summer/early fall.
Scotts hand-held spreader - Setting 5
Walk should-width passes back and forth across lawn
Scotts drop spreader - Setting 18
Scotts Wizz spreader - Setting 5 1/2
Go over lawn TWO times
Scotts broadcast/rotary spreader - Setting 9
Scotts® Elite Spreader - 7 1/2
Other Spreaders | Lookup spreader settings
Scotts No-Quibble Money Back Guarantee®
If for any reason you, the consumer, are not satisfied after using this product, you are entitled to get your money back. Simply send us evidence of purchase and we will mail you a refund check promptly. To contact us, visit our Help Center.
12 lb covers 1,200 sq. ft., 40 lb covers 4,000 sq. ft.
Avg. Days to Germinate
7 days - 30 days
Resume mowing when the lawn reaches desired mowing height or about 3 inches.
This is not the product label. Always read and follow the product label before use.
Using with Other Products
Do not apply weed control products until the grass is well established (mowed at least 4 times). Additionally, if you recently used a weed control product, refer to those product instructions to determine how soon you can plant grass seed.
Water daily or as needed to keep soil surface moist for the first 2 weeks.
What to Expect
Your existing grass will start to green and seeds will begin to germinate. Be patient and keep the area moist by watering often.
The seedlings are more visible now and your existing grass is thicker, with a deeper green.
Congratulations, you did it! Enjoy your thicker, greener lawn!