Pairs Nicely With
- Product Specs
- Grows quicker, thicker, greener grass, guaranteed!
- Contains our exclusive WaterSmart® PLUS coating that absorbs 2X more water than uncoated seed, feeds to jumpstart growth, and protects seedlings against disease.
- Stays green even in extreme sun or shade areas in Pennsylvania.
- Grows in thick to help keep out dandelions and crabgrass.
- Click Here for other helpful tips and tricks when planting grass seed.
How to use
Rake area to loosen the top layer of soil and remove dead grass. For best results, add a thin layer of Scotts® Turf Builder® LawnSoil™ before applying seed.
Apply using a Scotts® spreader. Lightly rake the seed into the soil. For best results, apply Scotts® Turf Builder® Starter® Food for New Grass.
Watering is a critical step to seeding success. Water daily or as needed to keep the soil surface moist until the seedlings reach at least 2 inches tall.
Seed will begin to grow in 5-10 days. You can mow the seedlings when they reach 3 inches in height. Do not apply a weed control product until after at least four mowings.
When to apply
Fall and spring are the best times to plant grass seed, because seed germinates best when temperatures are between 60°F and 80°F.
Scotts® Broadcast / Rotary Spreader
- (Turf Builder® Edgeguard Mini, Basic, Standard, Deluxe Edgeguard, Edgeguard DLX, Lawn Pro & Speedy Green) - Set to 5 ½ for Reseeding
Scotts® Drop Spreaders
- (AccuGreen, Classic Drop) - Set to 8 ½ for Reseeding
Scotts® Hand-Held Spreaders
- Set to 4 for Reseeding
- Set to 4.25 for Reseeding and New grass, go over twice
Other Spreaders | Lookup spreader settings
3 lb: up to 1,400 sq ft
7 lb: up to 3,250 sq. ft
20 lb: up to 9,300 sq ft
Avg. Days to Germinate
5 - 30
This is not the product label. Always read and follow the product label before use.