How to Use Scotts® Turf Builder® Grass Seed
- Product Specs
5lb: up to 2,000 sq. ft. for reseeding and 1,000 sq. ft. for new lawn coverage
How to use
Rake area to loosen the top layer of soil and remove dead grass. For best results, add a thin layer of Scotts® Turf Builder® LawnSoil™ before applying seed.
Apply using a Scotts® spreader. Lightly rake the seed into the soil. For best results, apply Scotts® Turf Builder® Starter® Food for New Grass when seeding to help new grass grow in quicker and thicker.
Watering is a critical step to seeding success. Water daily or as needed to keep the soil surface moist until the seedlings reach at least 2 inches tall.
Seed will begin to grow in 10 - 21 days. You can mow the seedlings when they reach 2 inches in height. Do not apply a weed control product until after at least four mowings.
When to apply
Spring and early summer are the best times to plant because seed germinates best anytime temperatures are between 70°F and 90°F and all danger of frost has passed.
Avg. Days to Germinate
10 - 21
- Thrives in heat and drought, as well as partial shade and colder temperatures
- Grows a tough, durable, low maintenance lawn.
- 99.9% weed free.
- Contains a combination of grass seed and mulch
- Click Here for other helpful tips and tricks when planting grass seed.
This is not the product label. Always read and follow the product label before use.
Scotts® Broadcast / Rotary Spreader
- (Turf Builder® Edgeguard Mini, Basic, Standard, Deluxe Edgeguard, Edgeguard DLX, Lawn Pro & Speedy Green) - Set to 11 ½ for reseeding and for new lawn/bare spot repair, set to 11 ½ for go over lawn twice
Scotts® Drop Spreaders
- (AccuGreen, Classic Drop) - Set to 18 and go over lawn twice for reseeding. For new lawn/bare spot repair, set to 18 and go over lawn three times
Scotts® Hand-Held Spreaders
- Set to 5 and go over lawn twice for reseeding. For new lawn/bare spot repair, set to 5 and go over lawn three times
- Set to 3.75 for Reseeding and New grass, go over twice.