- Product Specs
3lb: up to 1,200 sq. ft. for reseeding and 600 for new lawn coverage
7lb: up to 2,800 sq. ft. for reseeding and 1,400 sq. ft. for new lawn coverage
20lb: up to 8,000 for reseeding and 4,000 for new lawn coverage
40lb: up to 16,000 sq. ft. for reseeding and 8,000 for new lawn coverage
How to use
Rake area to loosen the top layer of soil and remove dead grass. For best results, add a thin layer of Scotts® Turf Builder® LawnSoil™ before applying seed.
Apply using a Scotts® spreader. Lightly rake the seed into the soil. For best results, apply Scotts® Turf Builder® Starter® Food for New Grass.
Watering is a critical step to seeding success. Water daily or as needed to keep the soil surface moist until the seedlings reach at least 2 inches tall.
Seed will begin to grow in 5-10 days. You can mow the seedlings when they reach 3 inches in height. Do not apply a weed control product until after at least four mowings.
When to apply
Fall and spring are the best times to plant grass seed because seed germinates best when temperatures are between 60°F and 80°F.
- Grows quicker, thicker, greener grass, guaranteed!
- Contains our exclusive WaterSmart® PLUS coating that absorbs 2X more water than uncoated seed, feeds to jumpstart growth, and protects seedlings against disease.
- Scotts' most versatile mix.
- Stays green even in extreme conditions of dense shade and scorching sun.
- Spreads to repair bare and thin spots.
- Great for new lawns, repair, and reseeding.
- Click Here for other helpful tips and tricks when planting grass seed.
- See Lawn Bundle Solutions Delivered Right To Your Door
Scotts® Broadcast / Rotary Spreader - (Turf Builder® Edgeguard Mini, Basic, Standard, Deluxe Edgeguard, Edgeguard DLX, Lawn Pro & Speedy Green) - Set to 9 ½ for reseeding and set to 9 ½ for new lawn/bare spot repair and go over lawn twice.
Scotts® Drop Spreaders - (AccuGreen, Classic Drop) - Set to 10 1/2 for reseeding and set to 17 frac12; for new lawn/bare spot repair
Scotts® Hand-Held Spreaders - Set to 5 for reseeding and for new lawn/bare spot repair, set to 5 and go over lawn twice
Scotts® Wizz™ - Set to 7 1/2 for Reseeding and New grass, go over twice
Scotts® Elite Spreader - 5 1/2 (Regular Rate), 9 (Heavy Rate)
Other Spreaders | Lookup spreader settings
Avg. Days to Germinate
5 - 30
This is not the product label. Always read and follow the product label before use.