Scotts® Turf Builder® Grass Seed Southern Gold® Mix For Tall Fescue Lawns
Overview & Benefits
Scotts® Turf Builder® Grass Seed Southern Gold® Mix For Tall Fescue Lawns is Bred in the South for the South!® This grass seed mix is a special blend that thrives in harsh summer conditions of sun, shade, heat & drought, and high traffic. Each seed is wrapped in a unique 4 in 1 WaterSmart® PLUS Coating that absorbs 2x more water than uncoated seed, feeds with essential nutrients, and helps protect seedlings from disease. Grow Quicker, Thicker, Greener Grass. Guaranteed.
- Product Specs
- Bred in the South for the South!® to stand up to harsh conditions
- Tall Fescue blend to withstand heat and drought
- Contains our exclusive 4 in 1 WaterSmart® PLUS coating that absorbs 2X more water than uncoated seed, feeds to jumpstart growth, and helps protect seedlings against disease
- Grows quicker, thicker, greener grass guaranteed!
- Medium coarse bladed texture with high drought tolerance
- Click Here for other helpful tips and tricks when planting grass seed.
How to use
Rake area to loosen the top layer of soil and remove dead grass. For best results, add a thin layer of Scotts® Turf Builder® LawnSoil™ before applying seed.
Apply using a Scotts® spreader. Lightly rake the seed into the soil
Watering is a critical step to seeding success. Water daily or as needed to keep the soil surface moist until the seedlings reach at least 2 inches tall.
Seed will begin to grow in 6-14 days. You can mow the seedlings when they reach 3 inches in height. For best results, apply Scotts® Turf Builder® Starter® Food for New Grass. Do not apply a weed control product until after at least four mowings.
When to apply
Fall and spring are the best times to plant grass seed, because seed germinates best when temperatures are between 60°F and 80°F.
Scotts® Broadcast / Rotary Spreader
- (Turf Builder® Edgeguard Mini, Basic, Standard, Deluxe Edgeguard, Edgeguard DLX, Lawn Pro & Speedy Green) - Set to 8 ½ for Reseeding
Scotts® Drop Spreaders
- (AccuGreen, Classic Drop) - Set to 11 for Reseeding and Go Over Twice
Scotts® Hand-Held Spreaders
- Set to 5 for Reseeding
Other Spreaders | Lookup spreader settings
3 - 1 - 0
3 lb: up to 750 sq ft
7 lb: up to 1750 sq ft
20 lb: up to 5,000 sq ft
40 lb: up to 10000 sq ft
Avg. Days to Germinate
6 - 30
This is not the product label. Always read and follow the product label before use.