Scotts® Turf Builder® Grass Seed Southern Gold® Mix For Tall Fescue Lawns
Overview & Benefits
- Contains our exclusive WaterSmart® PLUS coating that absorbs 2X more water than uncoated seed, feeds to jumpstart growth, and protects seedlings against disease.
- Thrives in harsh summer conditions of sun, shade, and high traffic.
- Provides superior heat, drought, insect, and disease resistance.
- Bred in the South for the South®
- Click Here for other helpful tips and tricks when planting grass seed.
How to use Turf Builder® Grass Seed
3 lb, 7 lb, 20 lb, 40 lb
Scotts® Broadcast / Rotary Spreader
- (Turf Builder® Edgeguard Mini, Basic, Standard, Deluxe Edgeguard, Edgeguard DLX, Lawn Pro & Speedy Green) - Set to 8 ½ for Reseeding
Scotts® Drop Spreaders
- (AccuGreen, Classic Drop) - Set to 11 for Reseeding and Go Over Twice
Scotts® Hand-Held Spreaders
- Set to 5 for Reseeding
Other Spreaders | Lookup spreader settings
How to Use
Rake area to loosen the top layer of soil and remove dead grass. For best results, add a thin layer of Scotts® Turf Builder® LawnSoil™ before applying seed.
Apply using a Scotts® spreader. Lightly rake the seed into the soil
Watering is a critical step to seeding success. Water daily or as needed to keep the soil surface moist until the seedlings reach at least 2 inches tall.
Seed will begin to grow in 6-14 days. You can mow the seedlings when they reach 3 inches in height. For best results, apply Scotts® Turf Builder® Starter® Food for New Grass. Do not apply a weed control product until after at least four mowings.
When to Apply
Fall and spring are the best times to plant grass seed, because seed germinates best when temperatures are between 60°F and 80°F.
3 lb: up to 750 sq ft
7 lb: up to 1750 sq ft
20 lb: up to 5,000 sq ft
40 lb: up to 10000 sq ft
3 - 1 - 0