Scotts® Turf Builder® Grass Seed Landscaper's Mix
Overview & Benefits
- Blended specifically for the Northern region
- 99.9% weed free seed mix
- Coated to absorb 2x more water than uncoated seed
- All-purpose mix for sunny and shady areas
- Grass will begin to grow in 5-10 days
How to use Turf Builder® Grass Seed
Scotts® Turf Builder® Grass Seed Landscaper's Mix is an all-purpose mix for sunny and shady areas. This 99.9% weed free seed has been blended specifically for the Northern region. Just prep the ground, apply the seed and water according to package directions. In no time at all you'll have a beautiful yard, thanks to Scotts® Turf Builder® Grass Seed Landscaper's Mix.
7 lb, 20 lb, 40 lb
Scotts® Broadcast / Rotary Spreader
- (Turf Builder® Edgeguard Mini, Basic, Standard, Deluxe Edgeguard, Edgeguard DLX, Lawn Pro & Speedy Green) - Set to 5 ½ for reseeding and set to 8 ½ for new lawn/bare spot repair
Scotts® Drop Spreaders
- (AccuGreen, Classic Drop) - Set to 8 ½ for reseeding and reseeding and set to 12 ½ for new lawn/bare spot repair.
Scotts® Hand-Held Spreaders
- Set to 5 for reseeding and for new lawn/bare spot repair, set to 5 and go over lawn twice.
- Set to 5 for Reseeding and New grass, go over twice
Other Spreaders | Lookup spreader settings
How to Use
Rake area to loosen the top layer of soil and remove dead grass. For best results, add a thin layer of Scotts® Turf Builder® LawnSoil™ before applying seed.
Apply using a Scotts® spreader. Lightly rake the seed into the soil.
For best results, apply Scotts® Turf Builder® Starter® Food for New Grass when seeding to help new grass grow in quicker and thicker.
Watering is a critical step to seeding success. Water daily or as needed to keep the soil surface moist until the seedlings reach at least 2 inches tall.
Seed will begin to grow in 5-10 days. You can mow the seedlings when they reach 3 inches in height. Do not apply a weed control product until after at least four mowings.
When to Apply
Fall and spring are the best times to plant grass seed because seed germinates best when temperatures are between 60°F and 80°F.
Avg. Days to Germinate
5 - 30
7lb: up to 2,800 sq. ft. for reseeding coverage and 1,400 sq. ft. for new lawn coverage
20lb: up to 8,000 sq. ft for reseeding and 4,000 for new lawn coverage
40lb: up to 16,000 sq. ft. for reseeding and 8,000 for new lawn coverage