- Product Specs
7lb: up to 1,750 sq. ft. for reseeding and 770 sq. ft for new lawn coverage
20lb: up to 5,000 sq. ft. for reseeding and 2,200 sq. ft. for new lawn coverage
40lb: up to 10,000 sq. ft. for reseeding and 4,400 sq. ft. for new lawn coverage
How to use
Rake area to loosen the top layer of soil and remove dead grass. For best results, add a thin layer of Scotts® Turf Builder® LawnSoil™ before applying seed.
Apply using a Scotts® spreader. Lightly rake the seed into the soil.
Watering is a critical step to seeding success. Water daily or as needed to keep the soil surface moist until the seedlings reach at least 2 inches tall.
Seed will begin to grow in 7-14 days. You can mow the seedlings when they reach 3 inches in height. For best results, apply Scotts® Turf Builder® Starter® Food for New Grass. Do not apply a weed control product until after at least four mowings.
When to apply
Fall and spring are the best times to plant grass seed because seed germinates best when temperatures are between 60°F and 80°F.
Avg. Days to Germinate
7 - 30
- Coated to absorb 2x more water than uncoated seed
- Greener, denser, and more durable than Kentucky-31.
- 99.9% weed free.
- Click Here for other helpful tips and tricks when planting grass seed.
This is not the product label. Always read and follow the product label before use.
Scotts® Broadcast / Rotary Spreader
- (Turf Builder® Edgeguard Mini, Basic, Standard, Deluxe Edgeguard, Edgeguard DLX, Lawn Pro & Speedy Green) - Set to 9 for reseeding and set to 14 for new lawn/bare spot repair
Scotts® Drop Spreaders
- (AccuGreen, Classic Drop) - Set to 11 ½ for Reseeding for reseeding and for new lawn/bare spot repair, set to 12½ and go over lawn twice
Scotts® Hand-Held Spreaders
- Set to 5 for reseeding and for new lawn/bare spot repair, set to 4 and go over lawn three times.