Scotts® Turf Builder® Grass Seed High Traffic Mix
Overview & Benefits
- Establishes strong roots and self-repairs to withstand wear and tear
- Quickly repairs damaged lawns for a durable, livable lawn
- Contains our exclusive 4 in 1 WaterSmart® PLUS coating that absorbs 2X more water than uncoated seed, feeds to jumpstart growth, and helps protect seedlings against disease
- Grows quicker, thicker, greener grass guaranteed!
- Fine bladed texture with medium drought tolerance
How to use Turf Builder® Grass Seed
Scotts® Turf Builder® Grass Seed High Traffic Mix establishes strong roots and self-repairs to withstand wear and tear. It quickly repairs damaged lawns for a durable, livable lawn. Scotts wraps each seed in a unique 4 in 1 WaterSmart® PLUS Coating that absorbs 2x more water than uncoated seed, feeds with essential nutrients, and helps protect seedlings from disease. Grow Quicker, Thicker, Greener Grass. Guaranteed.
3 lb, 7 lb
Non Availability Regions
Scotts® Broadcast / Rotary Spreader
- (Turf Builder® Edgeguard Mini, Basic, Standard, Deluxe Edgeguard, Edgeguard DLX, Lawn Pro & Speedy Green) - Set to 6 ¼ for Reseeding and 9 for new lawn/bare spot repair coverage
Scotts® Drop Spreaders
- (AccuGreen, Classic Drop) - Set to 7 for Reseeding and 15 for new lawn/bare spot repair
Scotts® Hand-Held Spreaders
- Set to 4 for Reseeding and for new lawn/bare spot repair, go over lawn twice.
- Set to 4.5 for Reseeding and New grass, go over twice
Other Spreaders | Lookup spreader settings
How to Use
Rake area to loosen the top layer of soil and remove dead grass. For best results, add a thin layer of Scotts® Turf Builder® LawnSoil™ before applying seed.
Apply using a Scotts® spreader. Lightly rake the seed into the soil. For best results, apply Scotts® Turf Builder® Starter® Food for New Grass.
Watering is a critical step to seeding success. Water daily or as needed to keep the soil surface moist until the seedlings reach at least 2 inches tall.
Seed will begin to grow in 5-10 days. You can mow the seedlings when they reach 3 inches in height. Do not apply a weed control product until after at least four mowings.
When to Apply
Fall and spring are the best times to plant grass seed because seed germinates best when temperatures are between 60°F and 80°F.
Avg. Days to Germinate
5 - 30
3lb: 1,500 sq ft for overseeding and 500 sq ft for new lawn coverage
7lb: 3,500 sq ft for overseeding and 1,165 sq ft for new lawn coverage