How to Use Scotts® Turf Builder® Grass Seed With 4-in-1 WaterSmart® PLUS Coating Technology
- Product Specs
3lb: up to 1,200 sq. ft. for reseeding and 600 sq. ft. for new lawn coverage
15lb: up to 6,000 sq. ft. for reseeding and 3,000 sq. ft. for new lawn coverage
How to use
Rake area to loosen the top layer of soil and remove dead grass. For best results, add a thin layer of Scotts® Turf Builder® LawnSoil™ before applying seed.
Apply using a Scotts® spreader. Lightly rake the seed into the soil. For best results, apply Scotts® Turf Builder® Starter® Food for New Grass.
Watering is a critical step to seeding success. Water daily or as needed to keep the soil surface moist until the seedlings reach at least 2 inches tall.
Seed will begin to grow in 5-10 days. You can mow the seedlings when they reach 3 inches in height. Do not apply a weed control product until after at least four mowings.
When to apply
Fall and spring are the best times to plant grass seed because seed germinates best when temperatures are between 60°F and 80°F.
Avg. Days to Germinate
5 - 30
- Grows quicker, thicker, greener grass, guaranteed!
- Contains our exclusive WaterSmart® PLUS coating that absorbs 2X more water than uncoated seed, feeds to jumpstart growth, and protect seedlings against disease.
- Grows quickly in the fall in sunny or shady areas.
- Repairs lawns ravaged by summer heat, drought and pests.
- Click Here for other helpful tips and tricks when planting grass seed.
This is not the product label. Always read and follow the product label before use.
Scotts® Broadcast / Rotary Spreader
- (Turf Builder® Edgeguard Mini, Basic, Standard, Deluxe Edgeguard, Edgeguard DLX, Lawn Pro & Speedy Green) - Set to 6 ½ for Reseeding and set to 8 ½ for New Lawn/Bare Spot repair.
Scotts® Drop Spreaders
- (AccuGreen, Classic Drop) - Set to 8 for Reseeding and 10 ¾ for New Lawn/Bare Spot repair
Scotts® Hand-Held Spreaders
- Set to 4 ½ for Reseeding and for New Lawn/Bare Spot repair, go over lawn twice.
- Set to 5.5 for Reseeding and New grass, go over twice