Scotts® Turf Builder® Grass Seed Contractor's Mix (South)
Overview & Benefits
Scotts® Turf Builder® Grass Seed Contractor's Mix is an all-purpose mix for sunny and shady areas. This 99.9% weed free seed resists heat, drought, insects and disease. Grow a greener, denser and more durable lawn than Kentucky-31 with Scotts® Turf Builder® Grass Seed Contractor's Mix.
- Product Specs
20 lbs: 5,000 sq ft for overseeding and 1,665 sq ft for new lawn coverage
40 lbs: 10,000 sq ft for overseeding and 3,330 sq ft for new lawn coverage
How to use
Rake area to loosen the top layer of soil and remove dead grass. For best results, add a thin layer of Scotts® Turf Builder® LawnSoil™ before applying seed.
Apply using a Scotts® spreader. Lightly rake the seed into the soil. For best results, apply Scotts® Turf Builder® Starter® Food for New Grass when seeding to help new grass grow in quicker and thicker.
Watering is a critical step to seeding success. Water daily or as needed to keep the soil surface moist until the seedlings reach at least 2 inches tall.
Seed will begin to grow in 7-14 days. You can mow the seedlings when they reach 3 inches in height. Do not apply a weed control product until after at least four mowings.
When to apply
Fall and spring are the best times to plant grass seed because seed germinates best when temperatures are between 60°F and 80°F.
- All-purpose mix for sunny and shady areas
- Coated to absorb 2x more water than uncoated seed
- Grows a greener, denser, more durable lawn than Kentucky-31
- Resists heat, drought, insects and disease
- 99.9% weed free
- Click here for other helpful tips and tricks when planting grass seed.
Scotts® Broadcast / Rotary Spreader
- (Turf Builder® Edgeguard Mini, Basic, Standard, Deluxe Edgeguard, Edgeguard DLX, Lawn Pro & Speedy Green) - Set to 9 for overseeding and set to 11 for new lawn and go over lawn twice.
Scotts® Drop Spreaders
- (AccuGreen, Classic Drop) - Set to 11 1/2 for overseeding and set to 16 for new lawn and go over lawn three times.
Scotts® Hand-Held Spreaders
- Set to 5 for overseeding and for new lawn set to 5 and go over lawn five times.
- Set to 7 1/2 for overseeding and for new lawn set to 6 and go over lawn four times.
Other Spreaders | Lookup spreader settings