Scotts® Turf Builder® Grass Seed Centipede Grass Seed & Mulch
Overview & Benefits
- Combination grass seed and mulch
- Grows a low maintenance lawn
- Thrives in sandy and acidic soil
- 99.9% weed free.
- Click Here for other helpful tips and tricks when planting grass seed.
How to use Turf Builder® Grass Seed
Scotts® Broadcast / Rotary Spreader
- (Turf Builder® Edgeguard Mini, Basic, Standard, Deluxe Edgeguard, Edgeguard DLX, Lawn Pro & Speedy Green) - Set to 11 ½ for Reseeding
Scotts® Drop Spreaders
- (AccuGreen, Classic Drop) - Set to 18 for Reseeding and Go Over Twice
Scotts® Hand-Held Spreaders
- Set to 5 for Reseeding and Go Over Twice
- Set to 4.25 New grass and Reseeding, go over twice
Other Spreaders | Lookup spreader settings
How to Use
Rake area to loosen the top layer of soil and remove dead grass. For best results, add a thin layer of Scotts® Turf Builder® LawnSoil™ before applying seed.
Apply using a Scotts® spreader. Lightly rake the seed into the soil. For best results, apply Scotts® Turf Builder® Starter® Food for New Grass when seeding to help new grass grow in quicker and thicker.
Watering is a critical step to seeding success. Water daily or as needed to keep the soil surface moist until the seedlings reach at least 2 inches tall.
Seed will begin to grow in 10 - 28 days. You can mow the seedlings when they reach 2 inches in height. Do not apply a weed control product until after at least four mowings.
When to Apply
Spring and early summer are the best times to plant, because seed germinates best anytime temperatures are between 70°F and 90°F and all danger of frost has passed.
Avg. Days to Germinate
10 - 28
5 lb: up to 2,000 sq ft