- Product Specs
1 lb: up to 1,000 sq ft
5 lb: up to 5,000 sq ft
10 lb: up to 10,000 sq ft
How to use
Rake area to loosen the top layer of soil and remove dead grass. For best results, add a thin layer of Scotts® Turf Builder® LawnSoil™ before applying seed.
Apply using a Scotts® spreader. Lightly rake the seed into the soil. For best results, apply Scotts®Turf Builder® Starter® Food for New Grass.
Watering is a critical step to seeding success. Water daily, or as needed, to keep the soil surface moist until the seedlings reach at least 2 inches tall.
Seed will begin to grow in 5-12 days. You can mow the seedlings when they reach 2 inches in height. Do not apply a weed control product until after at least four mowings.
When to apply
Spring and early summer are the best times to plant, because seed germinates best when daytime temperatures are between 70°F and 90°F and all danger of frost has passed.
- Grows quicker, thicker, greener grass, guaranteed!
- Contains our exclusive WaterSmart® PLUS coating that absorbs 2X more water than uncoated seed, feeds to jumpstart growth, and protects seedlings against disease.
- Great for lawns challenged by long periods of scorching southern heat and drought.
- Aggressively spreads to fill in bare spots and crowd out weeds.
- Click Here for other helpful tips and tricks when planting grass seed.
Scotts® Broadcast / Rotary Spreader
- (Turf Builder® Edgeguard Mini, Basic, Standard, Deluxe Edgeguard, Edgeguard DLX, Lawn Pro & Speedy Green) - Set to 3 for Reseeding
Scotts® Drop Spreaders
- (AccuGreen, Classic Drop) - Set to 3 for Reseeding
Scotts® Hand-Held Spreaders
- Set to 2 ½ for Reseeding
- Set to 3.25 for New grass, 2.75 for Reseeding, go over twice
Other Spreaders | Lookup spreader settings
Scotts No-Quibble Guarantee®: If for any reason you, the consumer, are not satisfied after using this product, you are entitled to get your money back. Simply send us evidence of purchase and we will mail you a refund check promptly. For more details, click here.
Avg. Days to Germinate
5 - 30
This is not the product label. Always read and follow the product label before use.