- Product Specs
3lb: up to 750 sq. ft. for reseeding and 375 sq. ft. for new lawn coverage
7lb: up to 1,750 sq. ft. for reseeding and 875 sq. ft. for new lawn coverage
How to use
Rake area to loosen the top layer of soil and remove dead grass. For best results, add a thin layer of Scotts® Turf Builder® LawnSoil™ before applying seed.
Apply using a Scotts® spreader. Lightly rake the seed into the soil. For best results, apply Scotts® Turf Builder® Starter® Food for New Grass
Watering is a critical step to seeding success. Water daily or as needed to keep the soil surface moist until the seedlings reach at least 2 inches tall.
Seed will begin to grow in 6-14 days. You can mow the seedlings when they reach 3 inches in height. Do not apply a weed control product until after at least four mowings.
When to apply
Fall and spring are the best times to plant grass seed because seed germinates best when temperatures are between 60°F and 80°F.
Avg. Days to Germinate
6 - 30
- Grows quicker, thicker, greener grass, guaranteed!
- Contains our exclusive WaterSmart® PLUS coating that absorbs 2X more water than uncoated seed, feeds to jumpstart growth, and protects seedlings against disease.
- A low maintenance lawn mix ideal for seeding around or under dense trees.
- Grows with as little as 3 hours of sunlight.
- Click Here for other helpful tips and tricks when planting grass seed.
This is not the product label. Always read and follow the product label before use.
Scotts® Broadcast / Rotary Spreader
- (Turf Builder® Edgeguard Mini, Basic, Standard, Deluxe Edgeguard, Edgeguard DLX, Lawn Pro & Speedy Green) - Set to 8 ½ for Reseeding and set to 11½ for New Lawn/Bare Spot repair
Scotts® Drop Spreaders
- (AccuGreen, Classic Drop) - Set to 10 for Reseeding and set to 15 for New Lawn/Bare Spot coverage
Scotts® Hand-Held Spreaders
- Set to 5 for Reseeding and for New Lawn/Bare spot repair, go over the lawn twice.
- Set to 7.5 for Reseeding and New grass, go over twice