Scotts® PatchMaster® Lawn Repair Mix Southern Gold® Mix for Tall Fescue Lawns
Overview & Benefits
Improved Scotts® PatchMaster® Lawn Repair Mix Southern Gold® Mix for Tall Fescue Lawns is bred in the South for the South® and has everything you need to repair bare spots in your lawn. Includes seed, 100% recycled mulch to keep the seeds moist during establishment, and fertilizer to help feed seedlings for up to 6 weeks for fast growth and thick results. Backed by Scotts® No-Quibble Money Back Guarantee™.
Available in AL, AK, DE, FL, GA, KY, LA, MD, MO, MS, NC, OK, OH, SC, TN, TX, VA, WV
- Product Specs
4.75 lb. bag: Bare spot: 70 sq. ft. , Thin area: 140 sq. ft.
10 lb. bag: Bare spot: 145 sq. ft., Thin area: 290 sq. ft.
Where to use
This product is designed to repair bare or thin spots in your lawn.
How to use
1. Prep - Remove dead grass if necessary and loosen the top 2 inches of soil.
2. Apply - First, shake the bag to mix the contents. Next, evenly spread a thin layer of PatchMaster® Lawn Repair Mix so the area is completely covered.
3. Water - A deep and thorough initial watering is the key to success. Gently water the area until PatchMaster® Lawn Repair Mix is completely saturated and no more water is being absorbed (this may take several minutes). Avoid pooling water or run-off. Continue to water daily or more as needed to keep the soil moist.
Where not to use
Do not apply near water, storm drains, or drainage ditches. Do not apply if heavy rain is expected. Apply this product only to your lawn and sweep any product that lands on the driveway, sidewalk or street, back onto your lawn.
When to apply
Fall and Spring are the best times to use PatchMaster Lawn Repair Mix. Seed germinates best anytime temperatures are between 60°F and 80°F and all danger of frost has passed.
Avg. Days to Germinate
Scotts® No-Quibble Guarantee: If for any reason you, the consumer, are not satisfied after using this product, you are entitled to get your money back. Simply send us evidence of purchase and we will mail you a refund check promptly. For more details, click here.
Kids & Pets
Keep kids, pets, foot traffic, and lawn mowers off of the new seedlings until they are 3 inches in height.
Mow new seedlings as soon as they reach normal mowing height, about 3 inches.
Includes 100% recycled pelletized mulch
- Improved easy to spread formula
- Starts to grow in as few as 7 days
- Absorbs 3x its weight in water to keep the seeds moist
- Feeds up to 6 weeks
- All-in-one bare spot repair
Using with Other Products
Do not apply weed control products until the grass is well established (mowed at least 4 times). Additionally, if you recently used a weed control product, refer to those product instructions to determine how soon you can plant grass seed.
Water daily to keep the soil surface moist until the seedlings reach at least 2 inches tall.
What to Expect
You should see little sprouts and tiny green leaves (but not on every seed). Be patient and keep the area moist by watering often.
Seedlings have germinated and tender little grass plants are counting on you to keep them hydrated.
Congratulations! This is what you, a little consistent effort, and a quality seed product can do.