Scotts® EZ Seed® Patch & Repair Tall Fescue Lawns
Overview & Benefits
Scotts® EZ Seed® Patch & Repair Tall Fescue Lawns is a revolutionary seeding mix that guarantees seeding success*! The unique combination of Scotts® high performance seed, premium continuous release lawn food, and super-absorbent growing material, make it possible for grass to grow anywhere, guaranteed!* Scotts® EZ Seed® now has a tackifier to reduce seed wash-away on sloped areas of your lawn. *Subject to proper care
- Product Specs
3.75 lb: 85 sq ft
10 lb: 225 sq ft
14.5 lb: 325 sq ft
20 lb: 445 sq ft
40 lb: 890 sq ft
How to use
1. PREP - Simply prepare the area you want to grow grass. Remove dead grass and loosen hard soil to help tiny seedlings root.
2. APPLY - Evenly apply EZ Seed® so the area is mostly covered, but bare ground is still visible so that seed contacts the soil. The mulch will expand 4X upon watering to help cover the seed and keep it moist (Use half as much for thin areas). Only apply the recommended amount so that seedlings have enough space to access water and nutrients.
3. WATER - A deep and thorough initial watering is the key to success. Gently water the area until EZ Seed® is completely saturated and no more water is being absorbed (may take several minutes). Avoid pooling water. When EZ Seed® begins to turn light brown, it's time to water again. Continue to water daily as needed to keep the soil surface moist until the seedlings reach at least 2 inches tall.
When to apply
Fall and spring are the best times to plant grass seed, because seed germinates best when temperatures are between 60°F and 80°F.
Avg. Days to Germinate
7 - 14
- Grows Anywhere, Guaranteed (subject to proper care)
- Tackifier reduces seed wash-away, so EZ Seed® even grows on slopes
- Super absorbent mulch holds 6X it's weight in water helping keep your seed from drying out.
- For sunny, densely shaded, or high traffic areas
- Combination seed, mulch and fertilizer
- See Lawn Bundle Solutions Delivered Right To Your Door
This is not the product label. Always read and follow the product label before use.
3.75 lb jug, 10 lb bag, 14.5 lb bag, 20 lb bag, and 40 lb bag