Scotts® EZ Seed® Patch & Repair Sun and Shade
Overview & Benefits
Scotts® EZ Seed® Patch & Repair Sun and Shade is a revolutionary seeding mix that guarantees seeding success*! The unique combination of Scotts® high performance seed, premium continuous release lawn food, and super-absorbent growing material, makes it possible for grass to grow anywhere, guaranteed.* Scotts® EZ Seed® now has a tackifier to reduce seed wash-away on sloped areas of your lawn! *Subject to proper care.
- Product Specs
- Grows anywhere, guaranteed (subject to proper care)
- Reduces seed wash-away, so EZ Seed® even grows on slopes
- For sunny, densely shaded or high traffic areas
- Absorbs 6X its weight in water
- Combination seed, mulch and fertilizer
- See Lawn Bundle Solutions Delivered Right To Your Door
How to use
1. PREP - Simply prepare the area you want to grow grass. Remove dead grass and loosen hard soil to help tiny seedlings root.
2. APPLY - Evenly apply EZ Seed® so the area is mostly covered, but bare ground is still visible so that seed contacts the soil. The mulch will expand 4X upon watering to help cover the seed and keep it moist (Use half as much for thin areas). Only apply the recommended amount so that seedlings have enough space to access water and nutrients.
3. WATER - A deep and thorough initial watering is the key to success. Gently water the area until EZ Seed® is completely saturated and no more water is being absorbed (may take several minutes). Avoid pooling water. When EZ Seed® begins to turn light brown, it's time to water again. Continue to water daily as needed to keep the soil surface moist until the seedlings reach at least 2 inches tall.
When to apply
Spring and early summer are the best times to plant EZ Seed® because the seed germinates best when daytime temperatures are between 60 degrees F and 80 degrees F.
3.75 lb: 85 sq ft
10 lb.: 225 sq ft
14.5 lb: 325 sq ft
20 lb: 445 sq ft
40 lb: 890 sq ft
Avg. Days to Germinate
5 - 30
This is not the product label. Always read and follow the product label before use.
3.75 lb jug, 10 lb bag, 14.5 lb bag, 20 lb bag, and 40 lb bag