Scotts® EZ Seed® Patch & Repair Bermudagrass
Overview & Benefits
Scotts® EZ Seed® Patch & Repair Bermudagrass is a revolutionary seeding product designed to grow in tough conditions! The unique combination of Scotts® high performance seed, premium continuous release lawn food, and super-absorbent growing material, make it possible for grass to grow in tough conditions, guaranteed!* Plus, Scotts® EZ Seed® now has a tackifier to reduce seed wash-away on sloped areas of your lawn. *Subject to proper care.
- Product Specs
3.75 lb: 85 sq ft
10 lb: 225 sq ft
20 lb: 445 sq ft
How to use
1. PREP - Simply prepare the area you want to grow grass. Remove dead grass and loosen hard soil to help tiny seedlings root.
2. APPLY - Evenly apply EZ Seed® so the area is mostly covered, but bare ground is still visible so that seed contacts the soil. The mulch will expand 4X upon watering to help cover the seed and keep it moist (Use half as much for thin areas). Only apply the recommended amount so that seedlings have enough space to access water and nutrients.
3. WATER - A deep and thorough initial watering is the key to success. Gently water the area until EZ Seed® is completely saturated and no more water is being absorbed (may take several minutes). Avoid pooling water. When EZ Seed® begins to turn light brown, it's time to water again. Continue to water daily as needed to keep the soil surface moist until the seedlings reach at least 2 inches tall.
When to apply
Spring and early summer are the best times to plant EZ Seed® because the seed germinates best when daytime temperatures are between 70°F and 90°F and all danger of frost has passed.
Avg. Days to Germinate
10 - 30
- Grows in tough conditions, guaranteed (subject to proper care)
- Reduces seed wash-away, so EZ Seed® even grows on slopes
- For tough Southern conditions like scorching heat and dry areas
- Super absorbent mulch holds 6X its weight in water, keeping your seed from drying out and dying out
- Combination seed, mulch and fertilizer