- Product Specs
3 lb: up to 1,330 sq. ft. reseeding, up to 665 sq. ft. new lawn.
7 lb: up to 3,100 sq. ft. reseeding, up to 1,560 sq. ft. new lawn.
20 lb: up to 8,900 sq. ft. reseeding, up to 4,450 sq. ft. new lawn.
How to use
Bare Soil: Loosen top layer of soil.
Dead Grass/Thin Area: Rake area and remove dead grass.
For best results, add a thin layer of Scotts® Turf Builder® LawnSoil™ before applying seed.
Small Area: Spread by hand or with a Scotts® handheld spreader.
Large Area: Apply using a specially designed Scotts® spreader.
After seeding, apply Scotts® Turf Builder® Starter® Food for New Grass to boost your seed's performance for a thicker lawn that comes in quicker. Lightly rake to move the seed and fertilizer into the soil.
Keep the soil surface moist until the seedlings reach 2 inches tall.
Seed will begin to grow in 6 - 14 days. You can mow the seedlings when they reach 3 inches in height. Do not apply a weed control product until after at least four mowings.
When to apply
Fall and spring are the best times to plant grass seed, because seed germinates best when temperatures are between 60°F and 80°F.
- Grows well in both sunny and shady areas
- Grows greener, thicker turf than Kentucky-31 Tall Fescue
- Specially formulated for drought and disease resistance
- 99.9% Weed Free
- Click Here for other helpful tips and tricks when planting grass seed.
Scotts® Broadcast / Rotary Spreader
- (Turf Builder® Edgeguard Mini, Basic, Standard, Deluxe Edgeguard, Edgeguard DLX, Lawn Pro & Speedy Green) - Set to 12 for Reseeding. Set to 14.5 for New Lawn/Bare Spots
Scotts® Drop Spreaders
- (AccuGreen, Classic Drop) - Set to 10 for Reseeding and Go Over Twice. Set to 15 for New Lawn/Bare Spots
Scotts® Hand-Held Spreaders
- Set to 5 for Reseeding. Set to 5* for New Lawn/Bare Spots
*Go over lawn twice
Other Spreaders | Lookup spreader settings
Avg. Days to Germinate
6 - 14
This is not the product label. Always read and follow the product label before use.