Scotts® Classic® Grass Seed Sun & Shade Mix®
Overview & Benefits
- Great for repairing bare spots, reseeding or new lawns.
- Grows well in both sunny and shady areas.
- 99.9% Weed Free.
- Click Here for other helpful tips and tricks when planting grass seed.
How to use Turf Builder® Grass Seed
3 lb, 7 lb, 20 lb
Scotts® Broadcast / Rotary Spreader
- (Turf Builder® Edgeguard Mini, Basic, Standard, Deluxe Edgeguard, Edgeguard DLX, Lawn Pro & Speedy Green) - Set to 9 for Reseeding. Set to 13 for New Lawn/Bare Spots.
Scotts® Drop Spreaders
- (AccuGreen, Classic Drop) - Set to 8 for Reseeding and Go Over Twice. Set to 12 for New Lawn/Bare Spots
Scotts® Hand-Held Spreaders
- Set to 5 for Reseeding. Set to 5* for New Lawn/Bare Spots.
*Go over lawn twice
Other Spreaders | Lookup spreader settings
How to Use
Bare Soil: Loosen top layer of soil.
Dead Grass/Thin Area: Rake area and remove dead grass.
For best results, add a thin layer of Scotts® Turf Builder® LawnSoil™ before applying seed.
Small Area: Spread by hand or with a Scotts® handheld spreader.
Large Area: Apply using a specially designed Scotts® spreader.
After seeding, apply Scotts® Turf Builder® Starter® Food for New Grass to boost your seed's performance for a thicker lawn that comes in quicker. Lightly rake to move the seed and fertilizer into the soil.
Keep the soil surface moist until the seedlings reach 2 inches tall.
4. CARE Seed will begin to grow in 5 - 10 days. You can mow the seedlings when they reach 3 inches in height. Do not apply a weed control product until after at least four mowings.
When to Apply
Fall and spring are the best times to plant grass seed, because seed germinates best when temperatures are between 60°F and 80°F.
3 lb: up to 2,400 sq. ft. reseeding, up to 1,200 sq. ft. new lawn.
7 lb: up to 5,600 sq. ft. reseeding, up to 2,800 sq. ft. new lawn.
20 lb: up to 16,000 sq. ft. reseeding, up to 8,000 sq. ft. new lawn.