- General Browsing Information: Any time you visit the Scotts Websites or use our downloadable apps, we may gather certain information by automated means, such as cookies and web beacons. This information includes browser characteristics, your service provider IP address, the search engine you may have used to locate the Scotts Websites, a unique device identifier, device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, referring URLs, information on actions taken on a Scotts Website, and dates and times of visits.
- Personal Information Voluntarily Provided: We gather personal information you provide to us (such as your name, address, e-mail address, telephone number, demographic information, payment information) when you request information about a product or service, register on the Scotts Websites, request email reminders or email newsletters, sign up for a service, enter one of our sweepstakes or contests, take a survey or use any of the other interactive portions or features of the Scotts Websites. When personally identifiable information is requested on the Scotts Websites, some requests are marked as "Required"; this personally identifiable information is necessary to allow you to participate in the feature or service you've requested
- Information Provided by You Relating to a Job Opportunity: If you elect to voluntarily create a job interest profile through the Scotts Websites to show interest in a job opportunity with Scotts Miracle-Gro, you will be providing your name, mailing address, telephone number, e-mail address and information with respect to work experience, educational background, position sought and at your option, the information contained in your resume.
How Your Information Is Used
We use the information collected at the Scotts Websites for the following purposes:
- To understand your needs and preferences, to develop, market, sell or provide products and services, and possibly to conduct surveys, research and evaluations.
- To complete your request for services or respond to your use of features on the Scotts Websites.
- To tailor your experience on the Scotts Websites to your interests and geographic region.
- To respond to your inquires about our products and services.
- To inform you of special events and offers or programs offered with our selected companies.
- To operate, evaluate, manage, improve and develop ScottsMiracle-Gro's business and operations, administer accounts, collect and process payments.
- To perform data analytics.
- To detect and protect ScottsMiracle-Gro and other third parties against error, negligence, fraud, theft and other illegal activities and to audit compliance with policies.
- As permitted by, and to comply with, any legal or regulatory requirements.
- Any information you provide to us about your interest in a job opportunity at ScottsMiracle-Gro will be accessed by ScottsMiracle-Gro's personnel for the purpose of considering, and possibly responding to, your interest in ScottsMiracle-Gro and for planning and monitoring our recruitment campaigns.
In addition, we use information collected through cookies, web beacons and other automated means for purposes such as (i) customizing our users' visits to Scotts Websites and apps, (ii) delivering content (including advertising) tailored to our users’ interests and the manner in which our users browse the Scotts Websites, and (iii) managing our business. We may supplement data we collect on the Scotts Websites through automated means with information about your location (such as your zip code) to provide you with content that may be of interest to you. We also use this information to help diagnose technical and service problems, and administer the Scotts Websites, identify users of the Scotts Websites, and gather demographic information about our users. We use clickstream data to determine how much time users spend on the Scotts Websites, how users navigate through the Scotts Websites, and how we may tailor the Scotts Websites to better meet the needs of our visitors.
We also may use the information we obtain about you in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection.
Disclosure of Personal Information
We collect and maintain the personal information of our consumers for the use of ScottsMiracle-Gro and its affiliated companies, such as Scotts LawnService. We do not sell or rent your personally identifiable information to third parties, and do not share or trade your personally identifiable information with third parties other than as described below.
- Selected Companies: ScottsMiracle-Gro may work with select retailers and other companies at various times to provide expanded services that relate to Scotts Websites or its visitors. As part of such a relationship, ScottsMiracle-Gro may share with these companies or these companies may interact with your browser, collect or have access to some or all of the information collected in connection with certain interactive functions offered on the Scotts Websites (such as, the E-Mail Reminder Service) or on other web sites where ScottsMiracle-Gro provides advertisements and interactive functions.
- Service Providers: ScottsMiracle-Gro may use other companies and individuals to perform certain functions on our behalf. Examples include administering e-mail services, monitoring website activity and running special promotions, such as sweepstakes, contests or surveys. Such parties only have access to the personal information needed to perform these functions and may not use or store the information for any other purpose.
- Business Transfers: In the event that ScottsMiracle-Gro sells or transfers a particular portion of its business assets, consumer information may be one of the business assets transferred as part of the transaction. If substantially all of the assets of ScottsMiracle-Gro or a ScottsMiracle-Gro affiliated company or brands are acquired, consumer information may be transferred as part of the acquisition.
- Compliance with Law/Safety: ScottsMiracle-Gro may disclose specific personal information based on a good-faith belief that such disclosure is necessary to comply with or conform to the law or that such disclosure is necessary to protect the users of the Scotts Websites, the Website itself, or the public.
Retention of Personal Information
ScottsMiracle-Gro may retain the information it collects on the Scotts Websites as long as necessary to accomplish the purpose for which the information was collected. In some cases, Scotts is required by law to retain the information it collects for a specified period of time.
Policies on Children
To ensure compliance with federal law, ScottsMiracle-Gro does not knowingly collect or maintain information provided by children under the age of 13.
Accessing Scotts Websites from Outside of the United States
If you are visiting the Scotts Websites from a location outside of the United States, your connection will be through and to servers located in the United States. Any information you provide during your visit will be processed and maintained on our Web server and/or other internal systems located within the United States.
To access registration information that you create on the Scotts Websites, you will need to use a password that you create. To protect the integrity of the information contained in this record, you should not disclose or otherwise reveal your password to third parties. If you forget your password, click on "forgot password" in the login screen and we'll send you an e-mail with a link to a unique URL, where you may change your password.
Correcting and Updating Information
You can update or modify your registration information if you elect to register with a Scotts Websites by logging into your registration information and following the instructions provided to update or modify such information.
Scotts takes your privacy seriously and values its relationship with you. Scotts will take reasonable physical, technical and organizational measures to safeguard and secure any personal data you provide to us.
You may always discontinue your receipt of future email newsletters and/or other email communications you previously requested from ScottsMiracle-Gro by logging on to your registered account and changing the preferences for the applicable newsletter and/or email communication.
To change what email communications you receive from Scotts Miracle-Gro:
- Click here to change your Newsletter/Email preferences online.
- Email a request to unsubscribe from all Scotts publications to [email protected]
The Scotts Miracle-Gro Company
14111 Scottslawn Road
Marysville, Ohio 43041
Effective Date: 15 November 2013