Scotts® Turf Builder® Starter® Food For New Grass Plus Weed Preventer
Overview & Benefits
- Safe for seeding! Also great for sod and grass plugs
- 2-in-1 Formula that feeds new grass and prevents weeds
- Prevents crabgrass & dandelions for up to 6 weeks
- Weeds sprout white & die quickly, won't harm new grass
- May cause temporary whitening of existing grass
- Grows new grass thicker & quicker versus unfed
- Recommended as part of the Scotts Lawn Care Plan in Early Spring along with seeding for lawns suffering from weeds
Safe for seeding! Also great for sod and grass plugs
Prevents crabgrass & dandelions for up to 6 weeks
Grows new grass thicker & quicker versus unfed
5,000 sq. ft.
Scotts® Broadcast / Rotary Spreader
- (Turf Builder® Edgeguard Mini, Basic, Standard, Deluxe Edgeguard, Edgeguard DLX, Lawn Pro & Speedy Green) - Set to 4 ½
Scotts® Drop Spreaders
- (AccuGreen, Classic Drop) - Set to 7
Scotts® Wizz™ Spreader
- Set to 4.75
Other Spreaders | Lookup spreader settings
How to Use
Apply to dry lawn, then lightly water to activate. Follow when and where to apply instructions below.
When to Apply
Apply on a calm day. Apply this product before watering newly planted grass for the first time. Apply when temperatures are consistently between 60°F and 90°F.
Where to Use
- Apply to newly seeded, overseeded or newly planted Kentucky bluegrass, tall fescue, perennial ryegrass, centipedegrass as well as fine and spreading creeping red fescues.
- For lawns only.
- Follow spreader settings.
Where Not to Use
Do not apply to St. Augustinegrass, bentgrass, bermudagrass, zoysiagrass, dicondra, kikuyugrass, bahiagrass or lippia.
Avoid application to adjacent flower beds when using a broadcast/rotary spreader.
Do not apply this product in a way that will will contact any person or pet either directly or through drift. Keep people and pets out of the area during application.
Do not enter or allow people or pets to enter the treated areas (except those involved in the watering) until the watering-in is complete and the surface is dry.
Do not use this product on flowers, shrubs, trees, fruit or vegetable plants. Cana, day lilies and irises are especially susceptible to injury.
Do not apply another pesticide within seven days of an application of this product as turf injury may occur.
This product applies 0.15 pounds of Mesotrione per acre per application. The maximum application rate of Mesotrione per treatment per year is 0.45lbs. This package applies 4.3 pounds per 1,000 sq. ft.
5,000 sq. ft.
What It Controls
Prevents the following weeds: Large crabgrass, smooth crabgrass, dandelion, broadleaf plantain, buckhorn plantain, carpetweed, common chickweed, common lambsquarters, common purslane, corn speedwell, ground ivy, hairy bittercress, henbit, parsley piert, Pennsylvania smartweed, persian speedwell, pokeweed, purslane speedwell, redroot pigweed, shepherd's-purse, velvetleaf, white clover, yellow woodsorrel, flatsedge, yellow nutsedge
If empty do not reuse container. Place in trash or offer for recycling if available. If partly filled, call your local solid waste agency for disposal instructions. Never place unused product down any indoor or outdoor drain.