Scotts® Turf Builder® Grass Seed Sunny Mix
Overview & Benefits
- Grows quicker, thicker, greener grass, guaranteed!
- Contains our exclusive WaterSmart® PLUS coating that absorbs 2X more water than uncoated seed, feeds to jumpstart growth and protects seedlings against disease.
- Thrives in hot & sunny summer conditions.
- Great for open areas with few trees.
- Click Here for other helpful tips and tricks when planting grass seed.
How to use Turf Builder® Grass Seed
Scotts® Broadcast / Rotary Spreader
- (Turf Builder® Edgeguard Mini, Basic, Standard, Deluxe Edgeguard, Edgeguard DLX, Lawn Pro & Speedy Green) - Set to 5 ½ for reseeding and 7 frac34; for new lawn/bare spot repair
Scotts® Drop Spreaders
- (AccuGreen, Classic Drop) - Set to 6 ¼ for reseeding and set to 9 frac12; for new lawn/bare spot repair.
Scotts® Hand-Held Spreaders
- Set to 4 for reseeding and for new lawn/bare spot repair, set to 4 and go over lawn twice.
- Set to 4.25 for Reseeding and New lawns, go over twice.
Other Spreaders | Lookup spreader settings
How to Use
Rake area to loosen the top layer of soil and remove dead grass. For best results, add a thin layer of Scotts® Turf Builder® LawnSoil™ before applying seed.
Apply using a Scotts® spreader. Lightly rake the seed into the soil. For best results, apply Scotts® Turf Builder® Starter® Food for New Grass.
Watering is a critical step to seeding success. Water daily or as needed to keep the soil surface moist until the seedlings reach at least 2 inches tall.
Seed will begin to grow in 5-10 days. You can mow the seedlings when they reach 3 inches in height. Do not apply a weed control product until after at least four mowings.
When to Apply
Fall and spring are the best times to plant grass seed because seed germinates best when temperatures are between 60°F and 80°F.
3lb: up to 1,350 sq. ft. for reseeding and 650 sq. ft. for new lawn coverage