Scotts® Turf Builder® Grass Seed Contractor's Mix (South)
Overview & Benefits
- Coated to absorb 2x more water than uncoated seed.
- Greener, denser, and more durable than Kentucky-31.
- 99.9% weed free.
- Resists heat, drought, insects & disease
- All purpose mix for sunny & shady areas
- Click Here for other helpful tips and tricks when planting grass seed.
How to use Turf Builder® Grass Seed
Scotts® Broadcast / Rotary Spreader
- (Turf Builder® Edgeguard Mini, Basic, Standard, Deluxe Edgeguard, Edgeguard DLX, Lawn Pro & Speedy Green) - Set to 9 for Reseeding and 14 for New Lawn/Bare Spot Repair
Scotts® Drop Spreaders
- (AccuGreen, Classic Drop) - Set to 11 ½ for Reseeding and Go Over Twice. Set to 12½ for New Lawn/Bare Spot Repair and go over lawn twice.
Scotts® Hand-Held Spreaders
- Set to 5 for Reseeding. Set to 4 and go over lawn three times for New Lawn/Bare Spot Repair
Other Spreaders | Lookup spreader settings
How to Use
Rake area to loosen the top layer of soil and remove dead grass. For best results, add a thin layer of Scotts® Turf Builder® LawnSoil™ before applying seed.
Apply using a Scotts® spreader. Lightly rake the seed into the soil. For best results, apply Scotts® Turf Builder® Starter® Food for New Grass when seeding to help new grass grow in quicker and thicker.
Watering is a critical step to seeding success. Water daily or as needed to keep the soil surface moist until the seedlings reach at least 2 inches tall.
Seed will begin to grow in 7-14 days. You can mow the seedlings when they reach 3 inches in height. Do not apply a weed control product until after at least four mowings.
When to Apply
Fall and spring are the best times to plant grass seed because seed germinates best when temperatures are between 60°F and 80°F.
Reseeding coverage: 5,000 sq. ft. New lawn coverage: 2,200 sq. ft.