Lawn Care Basics
Tips and Tricks for Using My Lawn App
Here is a list of questions and tips to help you get the most of the My Lawn app.
Why is the app not suggesting a weed and feed?
We have created hundreds of lawn care plans based on location, grass type and the lawn conditions entered into the app. Any one of those inputs could play a role in the product suggestions. However, most likely it is due to one of three factors:
- You indicated weeds are not a major issue in your lawn.
- Based on other conditions we are recommending a seeding product instead.
- You didn't pick a grass type therefore we can't recommend a weed and feed, or you have a grass type for which we don't recommend a weed and feed.
If you want to add a weed and feed, such as Scotts Turf Builder Weed and Feed or Scotts Bonus S, simply swap out your spring feeding with a weed and feed that is labeled for your grass type. Or, you can add a spot treatment product (such as Ortho Weed B Gon Weed Killer For Lawns) to your plan. Always read and follow label directions.
So how do I add or substitute a product in my plan?
We made the app flexible to allow for that. To add a product, use the + symbol in the app, choose the proper category, choose the product you wish to add, tap "Use This Product" at the bottom of the app, then choose a date.
To substitute a product, tap the product you wish to substitute from the Activities tab on the Plan screen, tap "Edit" at the top right, tap "Edit Activity," then tap "Change Product." Choose the product you plan to use and save the date. Deviating from your product recommendations may affect your results. Contact us if you have questions.
What if I'm using the Scotts 4 STEP Plan?
Simply use the steps above for substituting a product as follows:
- For Scotts Turf Builder with Halts Crabgrass Control, substitute Scotts STEP 1
- For Scotts Turf Builder Weed and Feed substitute Scotts STEP 2
- For Scotts Turf Builder substitute Scotts Scotts STEP 3
- For Scotts Turf Builder Winterguard substitute Scotts STEP 4
How do I keep track of products I apply?
That's easy, because the app does it for you...but only with some work from you. Thats why it's called "My Lawn." When the product is due, you simply tap on "APPLIED" and save the date you applied it. In the Overview tab (at the top) you will see a record of what you applied or skipped, and other activities "due" for the year. The app will save 3 years worth of activities, so you can remember what you did in the prior years. This is a great way to save Notes and Photos as well.
Even if you indicated you "SKIPPED" the activity or product, it will save that too so you remember.